KoldLok Surface Mount Raised-Floor Grommet
Seal Raised-Floor Cable Cutouts in Active Data Centers
Like the original Koldlok Integral, the Surface Mount is designed to seal cable cutouts to prevent cooling air from bypassing heat-generating computer equipment racks.
The Surface Mount has the added feature of being installed over cable cutouts without the need to move or shut-off equipment or disconnect cables. Engineered as a split device, the Surface Mount comes apart to facilitate placement around cable bundles. Installation on floor tiles is accomplished through special adhesives, eliminating the need for tools and drilling.
- Surface Mount Features and Benefits
- Installs in active data centers without affecting operations
- Installs easily around existing cable cutouts and can be separated to facilitate recabling
- Double layers of opposing conductive filaments seal around cables with up to 100% effectiveness
- Enables precision cooled air delivery to computer equipment air intakes, especially to the top of the racks
- Allows easy pass-through of power plug connectors and large cable bundles of up to 4” x 8”
- Large usable opening combined with very effective sealing allows Koldlok to fill most cable cutout requirements
- No training, tools, or quality control required to assure resealing after cables have been installed or removed
- Increases static pressure and airflow through perforated tiles or grates
- Increases cooling unit efficiency
- Two Koldlok units can be installed on a single floor tile
- Upsite Technologies