Avocent AutoView 2000R
Avocent 16-port AutoView® KVM switches combine analog and IP KVM switching for local access from anywhere in the data center and remote access for extended or distant users.
Features and Benefits
The AutoView 2000R switching system adds the convenience of a local user and simultaneous access for two IP-based users.
The AutoView 2000R KVM switch includes AVWorks® management software which supports a wide variety of operating systems. It features wizard-based installation and context sensitive on-line help.
With AVWorks software, you have KVM over IP remote access to any connected server in your network from any location. There are no distance limitations.
- All CAT 5 cabling reduces cable bulk
- Operational in minutes with wizard-based installation
- Flexible access for local, extended and remote IP-based users
- Multi-platform support: PS/2, Sun and USB servers
- Support for serial-based devices
- Flash upgrades for fast and easy updates
- Keep Alive maintains server functions in the event of power failure to the switch
- Switch-based authentication with password protection to each attached server
- Multi-level security with 128bit over SSL encryption
- Configurable encryption levels allow the AutoView 2000R KVM switch to negotiate an acceptable encryption level with the AVWorks software client via SSL
- Convenient on-screen GUI display provides real-time system status at the rack
- Advanced administration tools allow you to set permissions and access rights
- Video viewer feature allows you to specify the connection speed to an appliance
- Enhanced auto-discovery feature provides simultaneous access to multiple connected appliances based on assigned IP addresses